INTRODUCING LIBERTY BASIC 3!
Liberty BASIC 3 is for Windows 95+ and it is now available for public beta testing. It has many exciting new features. If you haven't tried it yet, be sure to visit the Liberty BASIC website and download the latest beta test version:
Beta test versions compile a limited amount of code and they expire approximately two weeks after their release. You can avoid these limitations by registering Liberty BASIC 3 right now. You can purchase a full registration, or you can get a discount. If you have registered a previous version of Liberty BASIC you may purchase the upgrade, which gives you a registration at a reduced fee.
Join in discussions, make comments and report bugs here:
New features of Liberty BASIC v3.0 include:
- New 32-bit engine!
- 3x faster (even faster for some things)!
- Make 32-bit API calls and use 32-bit DLLs!
- Long filename support!
- Colordialog support!
- IDE toolbar buttons for print, search+replace, and release notes.
- Added the ability to use a Windows bitmap handle with the loadbmp command
- Tweaked the visual appearance of borders on some controls
- Added an inputto$(#handle, delim$) function
- Modified the using() function so that it rounds its output
- Added a squareroot function sqr()
- Adds a shorthand for printing to handles. Now you can omit the PRINT statement and the comma
- Added a callback statement
- Added select/case, with support for multiple cases, separated by a comma and for nested select case statements
- Added compiler reporting.
- Added EXIT FOR and EXIT WHILE commands.
- Added tooltips to the editor and debugger windows.
- Added Lite Debug
- For/next change. Now next does not require a variable
- Tabbing supported in non-dialog windows